Join us on the morning of Saturday July 21 as we delve into an invigorating yoga class, and then share some ayurvedic refreshments and settle in with a spicy chai to talk about building immunity not just for protection from illness but also improving how you look and feel.
In this practical afternoon of yoga & ayurveda we will share the importance of and the benefits you will experience when your digestive fire (agni) is operating at its optimum.
At this session, we will cover:
A yoga class designed to bring balance and strengthen your agni (digestive fire)
The reasons we need to nurture our agni
The role it plays in wellbeing, vitality, immunity & more
Realistic tips & techniques on how you can support your agni on a daily basis
Saturday 3 June, 2.30 - 5.30pm
An Ayurvedic diet is designed to bring balance to the body and mind. It centers on balancing the 6 tastes found in different food groups. We will explore some of the basics of an Ayurvedic diet and discuss key kitchen ingredients, spices, herbs and cooking methods.
In this 3 hour workshop you can expect to:
- learn the key qualities & tastes of some everyday food groups and how you can use them
- practice how to prepare an ayurvedic breakfast, lunch dinner & snack options
- receive handouts of the recipes for all the meals that are practiced
- discuss how to increase efficiency by making dishes that can be creatively used across meals
- share these freshly prepared meals with a refreshing chai
Cost: $80. Places are limited & bookings essential. At Yoga in Daily Life Richmond.
OR $140 for the workshop and a personal Ayurvedic consultation or 45 minute Ayurvedic massage (for anytime after 3 June)